Sunday, November 4, 2012

First Time Crocheter!

I am taking my first super long flight next week, Matthew and I have a 20 hour flight ahead of us! With that in mind, I decided picking up crocheting would be extremely beneficial, I'll have something else to add to my list of things to do while flying. For those who do not know, we will be taking a trip to Japan on Tuesday! We are children's missionaries through Cadence International! Japan is a potential place for ministry once we raise all of our support! To read more you can visit our blog!

Now back to crocheting...



For my first project, I decided to make a scarf! I found a fairly easy one on Pintrest! The only two things you need to know is how to make a chain stitch and how to slip stitch to create a circle. If you don't, I found a super helpful video to help join your slip stitch.


Materials:
-chunky yarn- I used Lion Brand Wool Ease. The yarn came in 153 yards, I didn't use it all. I would say I used between 1/2 and 3/4.
-.9mm hook
For the pattern, check out HiddenDaisy. This is where I got my pattern, she did a great job explaining! 





If  you look close, you will notice that my scarf is a little curled.. It was an accident, but I am okay with it and will make it work. I washed it after making it in an attempt to make it softer, I didn't realize it would also curl. I am just thankful it didn't unravel!

I am pretty proud of my first crochet project! And I made it just in time for the chilly weather! =)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment