Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fruits of The Spirit



A couple of weeks ago, my mother-in-love taught some ladies how to make a cute birdie wall hanging! I loved the idea of it, so she cut out extra pieces for me to do! =)


Each bird has a fruit of the spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control (Galatians 5:22-23).

I absolutely love these little birdies! I will probably make cards with smaller versions of them! =)







First, I had to decide which patterned paper to use. This was a pretty tough decision for me because there were patterns are both sides and I like things to look "just right." Now that I have finished it, there are some colors I wish were switched around, but it's too late. ha! Aaaannd it is still super cute!











After picking out my papers, I cut the beaks, legs and fruits of the spirit. Then I detailed each one with a permanent marker. This was a stretching task for me. I like everything to be perfect, but the details have crooked lines on purpose. I went over the lines a couple of times because I kept drawing straight lines.. it was very hard for me to make those crooked lines!




After I detailed the above objects, I cut out these darling hearts from the cricut! I detailed these cuties as well!

Once I finished all the detailing, all I had left to do was glue everything together! I glued the squares on 12x12 cardstock and framed it! BAM!! Project complete! =D












I snapped a quick shot of my mother-in-loves (on the left) and mine (on the right)! Now I just need to decide where to hang mine!.. Oh the decisions!! =)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment