Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Decor


Ironing on my felt trees
A few weeks back, we had a Christmas Craft Day! =D My sister in law, Sarah and my friend Nikki came over! Of course my mother in love was here! =D We made pillows first! It was super fun!! We used old sheets my MIL had and fabric she bought specially for us! =D
















We hadn't planned on sewing any buttons on, but we had some and it made our trees look even cuter! =D There were different sizes to choose from, so we each had ones unique to our trees!  =)




These are my finished product! I also added a red button that says "joy" to one pillow! I was super pleased with them! I was also proud of my sewing skills. =) I'd only used a sewing machine once before and I didn't remember how to use one! Learning again was fun, it's makes me want to sew more things!! haha. =)
Next year I may even make more to sell!!






We also made 5 different types of ornaments! Super fun!! We made glitter ones, a snow globe, cupcakes, beaded ones and tried making some with paint! In this picture, Sarah and I were making paint ornaments! Mine, however, did not turn out that well! The idea was to add a couple of colors, shake the ornament and end up with a pretty color blend. I ended up with an all orange and an all green ornament! BUT it was a fun day for sure, so it's okay! =)









This is one of the bead ornaments we made! Looks great, right!! Sarah brought over her jewelry making beads and wire, so we didn't have to buy our own! Super nice and they turned out great!


I hung some of them in our living room window because our tree is too small for bigger ornaments. Next year, I will buy tinsel or something of the like to add it to the tension rod! I will also add more ornaments! =)

Our cute little cupcake!











Our glitter ornaments!!
And our snow globe!! =D















Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment